Serves 4 people
FOR THE GREEN CHILLI MAYO
• 100ml good-quality mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp tinned jalapeno peppers, roughly chopped
• A squeeze of lime juice, to taste
FOR THE FISH BURGERS
• 30g fresh ginger
• 1 stalk lemongrass, base and outer layer removed
• 30g coriander stalks
• 650g firm white fish
• 350g raw prawns, shelled and chopped
• Zest of 2 limes
• 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• 2 tbsp mirin
• 40g radishes finely sliced
• 4 brioche rolls
• ½ iceberg lettuce, cut into quarters
• A handful of coriander leaves
01 Mix all the mayo ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
02 To make the burgers, place the ginger, lemongrass, coriander and white fish in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped but not quite smooth. Stir the prawns, lime zest and red chilli into the mixture and season with salt and pepper. Shape into four patties, cover and place in the fridge until ready to cook.
03 Lightly oil the fish patties. Griddle on both sides for 4 minutes, remove and allow to rest. Combine the rice vinegar and mirin and lightly dress the radishes or beetroot. To serve, lightly toast the brioche rolls. Spoon on the green chilli mayo to the base of the bun and sit the burger on top. Add a helping of lettuce, coriander and radish to the burger, then top with the lid of the brioche.