- A recently rediscovered ancient "grain" native to South America,
- Quinoa was once called "the gold of the Incas," who recognized its value in increasing the stamina of their warriors.
- Not only is quinoa high in protein, but the protein it supplies is complete protein, meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids.
- Quinoa's amino acid profile is well balanced; making it a good choice for vegans concerned about adequate protein intake, but quinoa is especially well-endowed with the amino acid lysine, which is essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Quinoa features a host of other health-building nutrients.
- Because quinoa is a very good source of manganese as well as a good source of magnesium, iron, copper and phosphorous, this "grain" may be especially valuable for those who suffer with migraine headaches, diabetes and atherosclerosis.
We hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year break and are now looking forward to a positive start to 2019.
It's that time of year again when gym memberships are at their peak, fridges are full of fruits and vegetables and all your friends are ‘dry’ for January! I am sure you are all wise enough to avoid the trap of following the masses and creating a resolution that you cannot fulfil! But the New Year offers an opportunity to review and plan, so for those of you still struggling to come to terms with the New Year and have yet to make a New Year resolution, why not try this technique inspired by Tim Ferris?
This weekend, sit down and create a past year review! Keep it to and personal and family life, you can always do a separate one for work and career!
Using an A4 sheet of paper, create two columns: POSITIVE and NEGATIVE. Look back through last year’s diary and the photos on your phone looking at every week in turn.
Make a note of any people or activities or commitments that were either positive or negative and place them in their respective columns.
Once you have reviewed the whole year, look at the Positive list and highlight the top 20% of activities, people and events.
Based on these answers, schedule more of them for 2019 Get them in your diary now! Book things with friends and prepay for activities/events/commitments that you know work. It’s not real until it’s in the calendar.
Step two is to review your “negative” list and write, “NOT-TO-DO LIST” at the top. Place this list somewhere you can see it each morning for the first few weeks of 2019. These are the people and things you “know” make you miserable, so don’t put them on your diary out of obligation or guilt.
Get in Touch
Gain access to our free Ultimate Motivation Guide and sign-up to our newsletter!
6:30AM - 8:30PM Monday - Friday
7:00am - 2:00 PM Saturday
How To Find Us
Unit 1, Frogmarsh Mill, South Woodchester,
Stroud GL5 5ET, United Kingdom
Phone: 01453 873811
Personal Trainer Website Design by
My Personal Trainer Website