1 onion, finely diced
60 g Carnaroli Rice
500 ml good quality vegetable or chicken stock – hot –(Use Coconut milk from the poached chicken salad!)
250 g (9 oz) green peas
2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
Black pepper to taste
Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley to serve
1. Sauté onion in 2 teaspoons olive oil over a medium heat until soft.
2. Add the rice and stir through for 1 minute.
3. Add 1 cup of stock and stir through the rice then continue stirring until the rice has absorbed some of the stock and thickened.
4. Add 1 more cup of stock and simmer, stirring over a medium - low heat until the rice is tender but not soft.
5. Blanch the peas for 1 minute in boiling water then drain.
6. Add half the peas into a high-performance blender or food processor and puree with the spinach until smooth.
7. Combine the green pea and spinach puree along with the whole green peas to the risotto and stir through.
8. Heat through for 3 minutes or until the risotto is thick and creamy your risotto should be a lovely and soupy not too thick.
9. Season with black pepper and add a little grated parmesan to stir through the dish, topped with extra grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Get in Touch
Gain access to our free Ultimate Motivation Guide and sign-up to our newsletter!
6:30AM - 8:30PM Monday - Friday
7:00am - 2:00 PM Saturday
How To Find Us
Unit 1, Frogmarsh Mill, South Woodchester,
Stroud GL5 5ET, United Kingdom
Phone: 01453 873811
Personal Trainer Website Design by
My Personal Trainer Website