- 2 ripe peaches
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- Prosciutto, or smoked bacon lardons
- Small bunch of fresh basil – (you can use mint as an alternative)
- 1 head of sweet romaine lettuce
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar, (sherry or balsamic vinegar works just as well)
- 1 crust of stale bread
Pre heat your oven to 150
- Gently fry your prosciutto and set aside, keeping the fat in the pan
- Cut your stale bread into chunks and fry in the prosciutto fat for a couple of minutes before placing in the oven for 5minutes
- Slice the peaches and tomatoes into chunks
- Cut your avocado in half and scoop out the flesh, taking extra care in removing the stone. Cut the soft flesh into chunks
- Wash your salad leaves and tear into pieces then place in a large bowl
- Tear up the basil leaves, toss with the mixed salad leaves and dress with a little of the extra virgin olive oil & red wine vinegar dressing.
- Add the peaches and tomatoes and avocado
- Rip the mozzarella into small pieces and in the bowl with the rest of the ingredients
- Using scissors, cut the prosciutto into pieces and sprinkle over the top.
- Lightly season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss all the ingredients together and sprinkle the croutons on top!