This promises to be a fantastic event, with lots of wonderful clothes already donated.
If you would like to donate clothes for this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All sellers will receive a commission from the sale, with a percentage going to the refuge. More details to follow.
Stroud Women’s refuge is the ONLY remaining refuge in Gloucestershire, as all the others were closed when the government withdrew funding in 2015. The refuge helps over 300 women and children every year and has 9 women and 14 children resident at any time. The average stay is 12 weeks. The refuge needs £ 250,000 a year just to survive. They are therefore completely dependent on the goodwill and generosity of the community.
UK National Statistics:
- 2 or 3 women are murdered EVERY week - in their own homes
- 26% of women over 16 experience domestic abuse/violence
- 750,000 children witness domestic abuse in their own homes every year - leading to trauma and child protection issues
- About one in seven children have been exposed to domestic abuse before the age of 18
- Cases of domestic abuse/violence are reported to the police EVERY MINUTE
- 400 women are turned away from Women's Refuges EVERY WEEK
Thank you again, it means a lot!
A fantastic day was had by all at the 18th Annual PB Golf day held at Minchinhampton Golf Club. 32 players played in glorious September sunshine and showers and all had great fun. Congratulations to all those who took part and made this such a memorable day, golf, friendships and community were the joint winners!
We hope to make next year’s Golf Day even bigger, so if you missed out this year and would like to join us next, please let me know and we will add you to our list!
Our second Beer ‘Fun’ Run took place on Saturday 21st September. The hills of Horsley presented a challenging 1.8 miles for our runners, who were richly rewarded with fine ale and home cooked burgers! As well as exercise, fun and a great get together, we managed to raise a £130 which will go to our Stroud Women’s Refuge collection. Thanks to our hosts and to all those who took part.