SEVEN TOP TIPS FROM THE CHIROPRACTIC TEAM
Our aim is for you to be fit and healthy enough to actually enjoy sitting in your garden come summertime and enjoy the fruits of your labours! So, to help you achieve this goal, here are 7 useful tips from the Personal Best Chiropractic Clinic to help prevent back pain when you are gardening.
Chiropractic Gardening Tips
1) Kneel on one leg rather than bending down repeatedly from the hips.
2) Try and keep your back hollow when digging, with the legs well-spaced apart. Use your legs rather than your back.
3) Try and vary the tasks of the day into short bursts of different activities rather than slogging away all at one thing.
4) When mowing lawns with a hover mower try to resist the temptation to swing the mower from side to side in an arc.
Instead mow forwards and backwards as you would with a conventional cylinder mower.
5) If you suffer from a knee problem and tend to stoop rather than kneel, then use a cushion to kneel on or gardening
stool to sit on, try keeping the back as hollow as possible.
6) Keep yourself warm and covered, i.e., keep shirts tucked in; this prevents the muscle from becoming chilled.
7) If you ache the next day, rest, and seek the advice of your chiropractor who will advise you whether you should apply
heat, or ice packs to the area, or if you require further treatment.
Seated glutes stretch https://youtu.be/NlllJHvz9Pk
Wall calf stretch https://youtu.be/XmSrDS36cO4
If any of these exercises causes pain, contact one of our team for further advice and treatment. Do not leave it to go away on its own, the earlier the treatment is carried out the better. You should exercise and keep fit so that you can enjoy your gardening and other leisure activities, rather than using your gardening as an exercise to keep fit. https://personalbest.neptune.practicehub.io/p/booking
Get in Touch
Gain access to our free Ultimate Motivation Guide and sign-up to our newsletter!
6:30AM - 8:30PM Monday - Friday
7:00am - 2:00 PM Saturday
How To Find Us
Unit 1, Frogmarsh Mill, South Woodchester,
Stroud GL5 5ET, United Kingdom
Phone: 01453 873811
Personal Trainer Website Design by
My Personal Trainer Website