INGREDIENTS (2 SERVES)
1 onion finely diced
60 g Raw Carnaroli Rice
500 ml good quality vegetable or chicken stock – hot
250 green peas
2 large handfuls baby spinach leaves
Black pepper to taste
Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley to serve
- Sauté onion in 2 teaspoons olive oil over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the rice and stir through for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of stock and stir through the rice then continue stirring until the rice has absorbed some of the stock and thickened.
- Add 1 more cup of stock and simmer, stirring over a medium – low heat until the rice is tender but not soft.
- Blanch the peas for 1 minute in boiling water then drain.
- Add half the peas into a high-performance blender or food processor and puree with the spinach until smooth.
- Combine the green pea and spinach puree along with the whole green peas to the risotto and stir through.
- Heat through for 3 minutes or until the risotto is thick and creamy your risotto should be a lovely and soupy not too thick.
- Season with black pepper and add a little grated parmesan to stir through the dish, topped with extra grated Parmesan and chopped parsley. Enjoy.
A variation to this is to use coconut milk, ginger, lime juice, chilli and fish sauce as a stock. If you want to know more about this please get in touch, I will share the secret!